We publish the 2011/2012 Social Report on the basis of the EFQM Excellence Model an in accordance with the guidelines and regulations of the Global Reporting Initiative GRI.
At DB Schenker Logistics we manage the Company in accordance with the EFQM Excellence Model which allows us to identify needs and adjust to them, while ensuring that our stakeholders have real influence on the operations of our Company. We have used to the EFQM Excellence Model to present the 2011/12 Social Report. Based on that model, we identified the following key areas of our responsibility:
The issues presented in the Report were selected by employees from various branches and teams responsible for specific areas of the Company's operations. We conducted workshop during which we reviewed the stakeholders and their expectations based on the results of various forms of dialogue (for more information about the dialogue see the Stakeholders section). Furthermore, we prepared a "radar of our good CSR practices" that is we assessed everything we did from the viewpoint of its importance for the company and stakeholders. This enabled us to select the content of the report and create the CSR strategy for the next years.
Our stakeholders are more than welcome to read the Report.
Out of our respect for the environment, we have published our report as a website.
The 2011/2012 Social Report presents operations carried out between 01.01.2011 and 31.12.2012 in Poland by Schenker Sp. z o.o. The first DB Schenker Social Report covered the years 2004/2005. It was of an informative nature and did not follow the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), which are optional. The 2010 Social Report was prepared on the basis of these guidelines, on the B+ level. It constituted a baseline of the CSR strategy adopted at that time. In the following years our Social Report will also be issued every two years as this is the cycle of the strategic planning for the whole company and the CSR strategy.
Report Scope, Application and Verification
1. We prepare reports without any limitations as to the scope or application.
2. The report does not include data obtained from our subsidiaries. The Company does not conduct any joint-venture activity.
3. The 2011/2012 Social Report does not contain any changes or adjustments of the information contained in the previous report.
4. In 2011/2012 our Company implemented significant changes regarding its size, structure, and form of ownership. On September 11, 2012 OY Schenker East Ab with its registered office in Helsinki sold its 105 shares in Schenker Sp. z o.o. to DB Polska Holding Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Zabrze. As of October 08, 2012, Schenker Sp. z o.o. is the owner of the DB Polska Acquisition Sp. z o.o. company with its registered office in Zabrze. It owns 100% shares of this company. As for December 31, 2012, equity capital of Schenker Sp. z o.o. amounted to PLN 462,744,430. As regards the structure, 4 new logistics warehouses were launched in this period: in Rzeszów, Lublin, Wrocław, and Kraków.
5. Report's numeric data come from the internal systems and approximate calculations.
6. The report is based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3.1 (application level B+).
We have decided that the report should be verified by the independent auditors so that our stakeholders could be certain that we are a reliable and transparent company.